Wednesday 20 December 2017

Fixing Pain In Under 5 Minutes

Fixing Pain in Under 5 Minutes

Bryce came into training last week with a sore quad and it was his squat based day. In his warm ups he was feeling a lot of pain and didn't really want to train and I didn't want him to further injure himself. The below video is of him front squatting 80kg x 3 reps with pain.

I then gave Bryce about 5 minutes worth of treatment and he was able to get 80 x 5 reps without pain.

Bryce worked his way up to 90kg x 5 reps in this session and finished of the rest of his workout which included another 11 sets of different types of squats.

As I always say, I am not a physio or typical type of body worker that most people go and see but as a strength coach I do have a lot of techniques up my sleeve to be able to get athletes back on the field a lot quicker than most, and in this case to get a session done that would otherwise been missed and maybe even told to rest for an extended period of time.

These techniques are not only used in a rehab type setting. They are used to increase strength and performance in general when the boys are healthy as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment