Saturday 2 December 2017

Ultimate Chocolate Cake

Ultimate Chocolate Cake

February 7, 2016
|
Gemma Smith

I’m not a huge fan of loading up on carbs every day, I’m not carb-phobic or anything like that, I just prefer to have a reefed meal once every 5-7 days. I stay leaner and I’m more focused throughout the work week. One of my favorite re-feeds is a home-made chocolate cake – I love chocolate and I love to cook so it makes sense.

For anyone that loves a rich chocolate cake with only ‘clean’ ingredients then give this a try – I promise you will not be disappointed!!

Ultimate Chocolate Cake

Ingredients
  • 6 room temperature eggs
  • ½ cup honey
  • ½ cup raw cacao powder
  • 1 tsp vanilla essence
  • 3/4 cup organic, unsalted butter

Directions
  • Heat butter in a saucepan and add in honey, stirring until combined.
  • Add remaining ingredients into a food process and quickly add in the butter and honey mixture and combine immediately on high for 3-4 minutes. The mixture will be very thin and have small bubbles.
  • Pour into a cake tin coated in coconut oil and bake for 40 minutes.
  • Once cool, top with icing and enjoy!

Ultimate Chocolate Cake Icing

Ingredients
1 large avocado, very soft
½ cup honey
½ cup raw cacao powder
1 tsp vanilla essence

Directions

Add all ingredients to a food processor and combine on high until smooth (around 30-60 seconds).

No comments:

Post a Comment